Canberra Community Law undertakes law reform and policy work at a local level in our specialist areas of expertise.
In this work, we aim to:
- Identify laws and procedures that operate as barriers to justice; and
- Initiate and participate in law reform activities to seek changes aimed at enhancing justice.
We undertake this work through:
- Participating in Parliamentary and other inquiries;
- Providing submissions to Government agencies;
- Liaising with politicians and other policy makers;
- Participating in policy forums and sector based activities;
- Membership of peak bodies; and
- Media commentary.