Who are we?
Disability Discrimination Law is a specialist legal service of Canberra Community Law.
Disability Discrimination Law provides free, independent and confidential legal assistance in disability discrimination law for people living in the ACT.
Who can we assist?
- Anyone who has a disability and has been treated unfavourably because of the disability
- Anyone who is associated with a person with a disability (such as a carer, friend or family) who has been treated unfairly because of that association
- Anyone who is a carer, friend or family member of a child or a person with a disability who has been treated unfavourably because of the disability and who requires supported or substituted decision-making
How can we help you?
We can provide you with legal advice on:
- Whether the law covers your situation
- Your legal options and what option might work best for you
- How to best present your case
- Your chances of success
- The types of outcomes you may be able to obtain
We may be able to assist you to write your complaint or, in some cases, represent you.
Would you like to contact Disability Discrimination Law?
- You can speak to a solicitor by calling us direct on (02) 6218 7900.
- If you need an interpreter please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450 and ask them to ring us.
- To contact us via the National Relay Service ring 133 677 (voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (speak and listen).
- If you prefer to communicate in writing please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.